Welcome! I’m glad you’re here! For the next 31 days, we’re going to chat about everything self-publishing—design, branding, marketing, formats—you name it! Pulling questions from Design by Insight clients, Re:Write Conference attendees, and you, we’ll take a look at what can often be a confusing and potentially overwhelming subject.
Scroll down to the bottom for links to each individual post.
5 reasons self-publishing might be the best move you could make
1. There has never been a better time to self-publish. The doors are wide open for anyone who wants to take the leap. Self-publishing is no longer just a “plan B” for those who are not able to get a traditional publishing deal. In fact, for many writers, self-publishing may be a better fit than going the traditional route.
2. The e-book market is exploding with growth. Online stores such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and many more make selling your e-book online a doable reality.
3. Print on demand has become a viable option for writers who want to make a print version of their book available. CreateSpace and Lightning Source offer printed books for extremely reasonable prices, allowing authors to see higher profits with little or no initial cost.
4. Traditional publishers are generally looking for authors with an established platform. If you aren’t quite there yet, self-publishing can be the perfect opportunity to make your books available while you continue to grow your online presence.
5. You may have a book that just isn’t exactly the best fit for traditional publishing. If so, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t share it with the world! Self-publishing might be the perfect fit for your book.
Maybe you’ve already decided to self-publish your book. Perhaps you’re just testing the waters to see if it’s the right fit for you. Or maybe you just have an idea for a book and don’t have a clue how to proceed. Wherever you are in the process, my goal is that during the month of October you will gain insight and clarity to help you move forward!
Do you have a question you would like me to answer? Leave it in the comments!
Links to the posts:
For more 31 Days posts, visit The Nester.